One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis. Its signs are usually rarely taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude will eventually lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you should carefully monitor your health, especially for older men. Today they talk a lot about this disease, but they often exaggerate, or on the contrary, underestimate its importance and danger. Let's take a look at what it is, what are the initial symptoms of male prostatitis, and what needs to be done.
What is prostatitis?
First, you need to figure out what this disease is. Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate, the prostate, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ that provides motor activity and sperm vitality. Therefore, with her illness and impaired activity, a decline in sexual function was observed.
In most cases, men are exposed to the disease at the age of 20, and the older the man, the greater the risk of the disease. It should be noted that it can occur in both acute and chronic forms, in which symptoms of prostatitis will not appear.
The consequences of the disease include prostate cancer and infertility. Please note that according to statistics, almost half of men between the ages of 20 and 50 suffer from this chronic disease.
Today, medicine is closely related to this problem, taking into account the treatment of prostatitis, symptoms and diseases. Its treatment is quite successful, and the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. Therefore, it is recommended that every man, especially after the age of 30, see a doctor at least once every six months.
Types and manifestations of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on what caused the disease and how it disappeared, there are only 5 types of this disease:
- Acute prostatitis. This type is quite difficult. This is the result of bacteria attacking the prostate tissue. The main reason for performance is ignoring hygiene and other characteristics, leading to inflammation. This type is very rare, and its treatment is carried out in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type is found in approximately 30-35% of inflammation cases. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of male prostatitis do not appear immediately, and in addition, they can resolve spontaneously even without treatment. After that, new deterioration will occur with greater force and can continue indefinitely. There is also the risk of stone deposits, abscesses and other complications, including the development of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of disease to diagnose, because its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic area, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, nervous system and mental disorders can be observed. The diagnosis in this case can only be made by exclusion, because even the test often does not show signs of inflammation.
- Asymptomatic chronic prostatitis. This form is completely asymptomatic and can only be detected by urinalysis because it contains many bacteria and white blood cells during the disease.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. It often manifests as a side effect as a result of prostate irradiation and medical treatment of the disease. This disease is usually asymptomatic. During the development of the disease, the prostate tissue is replaced by connective tissue, resulting in glandular dysfunction.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each type of disease, you can distinguish your own symptoms, but you can pay attention to the symptoms of each type of male prostatitis, namely:
- Problems with urination. This is the first symptom of male prostatitis. Due to inflammation, the urethra is compressed, so pain, burning, and other problems may occur.
- Weakened orgasm and poor erection.
- Ejaculation speeds up during intercourse.
- Effectiveness drops sharply or does not exist.
- Constant anxiety and psychological depression.
These signs became the basis of all species. If you find them in your body, then you should contact your urologist immediately. You can also learn which symptoms of prostatitis may still exist and how to protect yourself from the disease. But consulting experienced experts is necessary.
Why do men suffer from prostatitis?
If you don't want to feel all the signs and symptoms of male prostatitis by yourself, then you should understand the main reasons for its manifestations and eliminate them completely. Basically, this disease is caused by neglect of health, especially:
- Inflammation caused by contact with a sexually transmitted infection.
- A sedentary lifestyle often leads to poor blood circulation.
- Sexual factors (interrupted sexual intercourse, long-term abstinence, artificial prolongation of PA).
- Immune system problems.
- Long-term and frequent hypothermia of the body.
- Constant pressure.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Ignore basic hygiene rules.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other possible causes of disease.
What are the symptoms and complications of prostatitis?
As mentioned earlier, prostatitis can cause dysuria, erectile dysfunction and many other inconveniences, but these are only the first symptoms of male prostatitis. If the patient does not receive medical care in time, more serious consequences may occur, especially:
- If treatment is neglected for a long time, the prostate will lose its function and no longer be able to produce enough secretions. Therefore, in 40% of cases, this disease can cause infertility.
- Through self-treatment, immunity may decrease significantly, which can exacerbate the situation.
Therefore, we note that treatment can only be carried out under the supervision of experienced experts.
If you hope that the manifestations, symptoms, and other problems related to the disease will not affect you, it is worth taking preventive measures, which will help reduce the risk of the disease:
- Observe all personal hygiene rules.
- Have an active sex life.
- Check if your diet has enough protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Worried about improving immunity.
- relieve pressure.
- If there are symptoms of disease, promptly treat.
These simple rules will help ensure your safety. However, if the first symptoms of prostatitis appear on you, you should consult a doctor immediately.